Monday, April 6, 2015

Review of Bound by A.M. Hudson

Elora can speak to the dead, but she has an affinity with the undead.

Born of immortal blood, her curse not set to trigger until around her twenty-fifth year, she was sent away to remain unaware of and hidden from the world of magic. And from vampires. But after Elora befriends the cocky, self-loving Ric Mason, she discovers secrets about him and his distant link to her family that reshape her entire world.

A dark, sexy three-book series that will have you screaming for more...


Buy it on Amazon


Add it to Goodreads


Review:

This book was a wicked fun read! I loved getting to know Elora. She was an interesting main character. She had a fiery temper and a deep sense of loyalty to her family and best friend. 

Ali was also a great best friend. I enjoyed her personality and how much she trusted Elora. I have to say that I hated Bas, but I'm pretty sure he was written that way..lol. 

The mysteries to the story unraveled in such a way that by the end, all the pieces pulled together giving you a picture of who Elora was, her family background and who Ric really was to her. 

I really didn't like Ric at first. He rubbed me the wrong way and I found myself hoping he wasn't the love interest. Then as his relationship with Elora evolved and I learned of his identity, I softened to the idea. His character could be redeemed it appeared. 

Hmm... the ending to the book left me with mixed emotions. I loved some of the results, but others really made me confused and disappointed. I know there are two more books, but this one just felt like more of a paranormal/urban fantasy and not really a romance book. 

Overall this book rocked like the authors other series. I look forward to reading more of Elora's journey in the following two books. There's so much more to learn about her heritage and how everyone meshes. This installment gets four glittery stars for it's wonderful spin-off of the Dark Secrets series.






The books that started it all:





No comments:

Post a Comment