Challenge 1 for 2013
Challenge Objective: Read more books about "New Adult" novels! Books with protagonists in their late teens or early twenties (18-30 or even some mature YA books), post-graduation, fending for themselves in the adult world they have been pushed into.Runs From: Jan 1, 2013 - Dec 31, 2013.
Books that count:
- The book must feature a protagonist who is past the average age for graduation from high school (18 in most places) and all the way up to age 30.
- If they're sitting on the fence at precisely age 18, then you can make the judgment call on whether it is more YA or New Adult. (If the majority of it is set in high school, I'd classify it as YA.)
- The protag should be 30 or younger, just to give a maximum limit as well (otherwise we're getting into Not-So-New Adult literature!)
- They don’t have to be contemporaries! Fantasy, dystopian and paranormal fans rejoice, your books count too. As long as the characters fall into the comparative age group on whatever planet or in whatever world, it works
- You don’t have to have a blog to participate, but you must post your reviews somewhere accessible online (like Goodreads)
Crossover Challenge? YES
Just Graduated: Read a minimum of 5 New Adult books
Moving Out: Read a minimum of 10 New Adult books
Living On Your Own: Read a minimum of 20 New Adult books
Fully Independent: Read a minimum of 30 New Adult books
Keep up to date and connect with other NA LIt lovers in our Reading Challenge Group (it's currenlty set up for 2012 but we are working on changing that soon!)Goodreads New Adult Reading Challenge Group
My Chosen Level for 2013? Fully Independent1. I Choose You by Bethany Lopez
2. Fighter by Micalea Smeltzer
3. Someone to Love by Addison Moore
4. Indebted by Amy Bartol
5. Incendiary by Amy Bartol
6. Dark Moon by S.M. Reine
7. Independence by Shelly Crane
8. The Next Forever by Lisa Burstein
9. Focus by Alyssa Rose Ivy
10. Trust in Me by Bethany Lopez
11. Love and Skate by Lila Felix
12. How it Rolls by Lila Felix
13. Reviving Bloom by Michelle Turner
14. Fallen too Far by Abbi Glines
15. Never too Far by Abbi Glines
16. Anomaly by J.C. Emery
17. Hidden by Kelley R. Martin
18. Sapphire A Werewolf Love Story by Devyn Dawson
19. The Secret Trinity: Unearth by Jenna Bernel
20. The Vincent Brothers by Abbi Glines
Challenge 2 for 2013:
I'm sure many of you have heard of the UtopYA Conference and if you haven't you should definitely check it out HERE!!! I went last year and had a blast. I'm going again this year and before June I wanted to read as many books by the authors that would be there as possible.
I thought what more fun of a way to read these books than to do it together, so I came up with this reading challenge! I really hope you do this with me so we can get to know each other and read these books by the wonderful authors!
*note: you do not have to be attending UtopYA con to be a part of the reading challenge*
*this is an unofficial challenge and not affiliated with UtopYA
The challenge is to reach your set goal.
There are 6 different levels to choose from.
Challenge Rules1. The books must be written by an author that is a panelist, exhibitor or attendee of UtopYA Con 2013.
2. The challenge will start on January 1, 2013 and end December 31, 2013 but you may join at anytime.
3. You don't have to have a blog to participate. Just join in on the fun somehow! P.S. that means authors please participate too! We would love to have you.
4. The books can be in any format (ebooks, paperback, scroll, etc.)
5. To join the challenge
if your a blogger, make a blogpost with the challenge button and tell us what level you've picked and link your post to the linky.
everyone else, tweet/facebook/pin/etc. what level you picked with a link to this post and link the direct link to the linky.
Prizes (prizes are to be determined but they will be awesome)1. The person that reads the most books by UtopYA authors (books read before the Con will count x2, so if you read 15 books before the Con it will count as a score of 30)
2. Everyone that reaches their goal will be entered to win a prize
3. there will be UtopYA challenges throughout the year so be looking out for those!
Before UtopYA Con:
1. Indebted by Amy Bartol
2. Incendiary by Amy Bartol
3. Someone to Love by Addison Moore
4. Independence by Shelly Crane
5. I Choose You by Bethany Lopez
6. Dark Moon by S.M. Reine
7. The Caine Chronicles by S.M. Reine
8. Grey Moon Rising by S.M. Reine
9. All Hollow's Moon by S.M. Reine
10. Long Night Moon by S.M. Reine
11. Trust in me by Bethany Lopez
13.You Got Me by Mercy Amare
14. Sapphire A Werewolf Love Story by Devyn Dawson
15. Crest by Heather London
16. Shattered Grace by K.A. Raines
17. Consumed by Julia Crane
18. Conflicted by Julia Crane
19. Coexist by Julia Crane
After UtopYA Con:
I enjoy reading this genre and I’m always looking for new authors and books to read. And here’s your chance to join me.
Reading Challenge Details:
- Runs January 1, 2013 – December 31, 2013 (books read prior to 1/1/2013 do not count towards the challenge). You can join at anytime. Sign up on The Book Vixen’s blog.
- The goal is to read at least 10 contemporary romance novels. As per Pearl’s original post:
“by contemporary romance I mean straight contemporary, so without paranormal, fantasy or time-travel elements. Sexy, steamy contemporaries are eligible and so are category romances. (i.e. Harlequin Blaze, Harlequin Presents, Harlequin Super Romances, Silhouette Desires, etc.).”
I’m going to elaborate on this a bit just for the sake of clarification: Books read for this challenge can be young adult, new adult, or adult. This reading challenge is specifically for romances between a hero and a heroine. Romances with the following elements do not qualify for this reading challenge: paranormal, historical, time-travel, fantasy, science fiction, or mystery/suspense/thriller.
- Books can be any format (bound, ebook, audio).
- Novellas that are at least 100 pages in length, as well as full-length novels, will count for this reading challenge.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- Grab the reading challenge button and post this reading challenge on your blog to track your progress. Please include a link back to this sign-up post so others can join the reading challenge too. You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads or LibraryThing.
Contemporary Romances I've Read:
1. Wrecked by Alyssa Rose Ivy
2. Forever My Girl by Heidi McLaughlin
Challenge 4 for 2013:
Welcome to 2012 TBR PILE Reading Challenge!!!
6 BLOGGERS, 12 MINI-CHALLENGES, 24 BOOKS TO WIN!!!
The TBR reading challenge is almost like a 12 step program for all of us book hoarders (you know who you are!) who cant help but buy books and put them on our shelves then never read them (I'm so guilty of this!) So this challenge aims to help up with our ever-growing bookshelf. Hosted by Evie @Bookish Rachel @Fiktshun Justin @Justin's Book Blog Tiffany @Escaping.. One Book At A Time Bonnie @Words At Home & Emily @Doodle's Book Blog
- Anyone can enter! You don't have to be a blogger, as long as you review the book you've read! (On your blog, Amazon or Goodreads/Shelfari!)
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2013 TBR PILE Reading Challenge. (If you don't have a blog, post about it on Facebook or Tweet!)
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2013, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- On the 20th of each month one of the hosts will post a wrap-up. Every wrap-up will have it's unique theme, a mini-challenge, a giveaway and place for you to link up your reviews from this month. For each review you link up, you will get one entry in a drawing of one book of choice from Book Depository.It's open to INTERNATIONALS. The giveaway will be open until the next wrap up post goes up! (i.e. the entire month)
- If you miss a wrap-up post + giveaway, you can link up your reviews next month. Do not, however, try to link up one review twice - we will be checking ;)
- December is a wrap-up for the whole year. All the book reviews you linked up January-November + the ones you'll link up in December will be entered into a HUGE giveaway - a box of books.
- You don't have to follow all the hosts to join the challenge, but you do have to follow all of us to be entered in giveaways!
Challenge Objective: To read those books you own a copy of, print, digital, and audio, you have been meaning to read, but never gotten to.
Runs From: Jan 1, 2013 - Dec 31, 2013.
Books that count: Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it is a book that's been sitting on your shelf for some time now. Only books released in 2012 and earlier! NO 2013 ARCs and 2013 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed!
Crossover Challenge? Yes
Levels (you can move up but not down):
- 1-10 - A Firm Handshake
- 11-20 - A Friendly Hug
- 21-30 - A Sweet Kiss
- 31-40 - Love At First Sight
- 41-50 - Married With Children
Sign up HERE until Dec 15, 2013
Complete Challenge Details HERE
This year I am going to do a step up. I'm up for the challenge:) I will be doing Married with Children.
- I Choose You by Bethany Lopez
- Indebted by Amy Bartol
- Reviving Bloom by Michelle Turner
- Destined by Brenda K. Davies
- The Hidden by Kelley R. Martin
- Forever my Girl by Heidi McLaughlin
- Fallen too Far by Abbi Glines
- The Pack by Donna Flynn
- The Vincent Brothers by Abbi Glines
- Preservation by Rachel Wade
- The Secret Trinity: Unearth by Jenna Bernel
- Coexist by Julia Crane
- Conflicted by Julia Crane
- Consumed by Julia Crane