Being a dyslexic witch is a curse in itself, but Miranda Kane’s time at Shadow Falls has helped her harness her magical powers. Now, just as she’s finally mastered them and is preparing to graduate with her friends, a near-death experience threatens to ruin it all.
Miranda awakens in the hospital with a mysterious tattoo that no one can explain. As she struggles to make sense of it—and questions her feelings for a certain irresistible shape-shifter and a hot new guy—the strange markings begin to spread all over her body, leaving her desperate to find answers. But before she can solve that problem, a new one arises: her sister is missing.
Has her sister been kidnapped? Miranda will risk her life to find out. Will she live to share the day she’s worked so hard for with her friends? When the clock strikes midnight, will Miranda make it to her graduation at Shadow Falls?
Midnight Hour by C.C. Hunter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
***Wipes tears with tissues***
Ugh! The series is over! I have been addicted to this series ever since I picked up the very first book: Born at Midnight. Once I started it, I binged on the whole series! To see the characters leave any future pages that could have come breaks my heart. Okay, so on to the review.
First, this book is Miranda's story. She's a dyslexic witch with issues. Her family is a hot mess. She has a choice to make between two very different guys. Magic has gone awry and she is the focus of it. Her friends are happy with their own boyfriends. She's experiencing new, very scary abilities.
1. Her mom is crazy jealous and angry with her dad. Even though she was the other woman, she hates the original wife. In her mom's eyes, Miranda is the real daughter and Tabitha is just the daughter that's in the way. Lots of screaming and family drama ensues.
2. I loved the relationship between Miranda and Tabitha. They are newly discovered sisters and are really bonding. Being sisters naturally comes with unconditional love, which these two are experiencing. Even though they are very different, it doesn't matter.
3. The magic. One wrong decision leads to a magical mishap of epic proportions. There are some unbelievable things that others have trouble believing. Nevertheless, the situation brings them into terrible danger as well as some magical problems that can't be explained. The gang tirelessly researches to find a solution.
4. As angry as Miranda is at her shape-shifting ex, Perry, she still can't shake her bond with him. He finally opens up to her about his feelings, hangups, and what he's really up to. Now she has to choose between him and her warlock boyfriend Shawn, who are compete opposites.
5. Perry's situation and Miranda's situation somehow become one in the same and all of Shadow Falls must work together to save them.
6. All of Perry's newly discovered famiial ties just complicate things more. Talk about one crazy twist after another! I would definitely have issues after dealing with his revelations.
7. I love that all Miranda's friends are there for her through the whole crazy book. The round table coke drinking didn't stop and Kylie, Della, Holliday, Burnett, Perry, Shawn, and even Tabitha were always there for her.
8. I was so sad when the story ended, but came away satisfied. The plot resolved itself in a way only C.C. Hunter could do.
This book gets ten glittery stars because it was a great end to a wonderful series.