Saturday, June 28, 2014
I Loved so many authors at this years convention! Even though I was signing my books, I couldn't help but buy some of the other awesome books!!! I can't believe I got a signed book by C.C. Hunter, Sylvia Day and Gennifer Albin!!! Here's a rundown of what I got:
E books from UtopYA bought:
Monday, June 23, 2014
UtopYA Con 2014 was a blast! I also learned a few things too....
1. Miranda Kavi is crazy fun to hang out with.
2. I love Jordan Dean and her books.
3. Erin Danzer is super sweet.
4. Donna Dull and Magan Vernon are very entertaining.
5. Vickie Dold is such a great friend.
6. It was great spending time with Felicia Tatum, Ashley Bodette, Ava Wood, Brenda Hiatt, Bella Roccaforte and Kristina Circelli.
7. I loved meeting so many fabulous people!!!
8. There is a mass amount of things you have to know to be a successful writer, like legal stuff and query letters, formatting, editing, cover design and making connections with your peers.
9. I a humbled to have been nominated for best companion novella for Dancing with Deception. You are all awesome who thought enough of me to pick my book for nominations.
10. Last but not least, it was surreal getting to fan girl over Sylvia Day, Gennifer Albin and C.C. Hunter!
Wednesday, June 18, 2014
It's an oppressively hot and sticky morning in June when Sterling and her brother, Phin, have an argument that compels him to run into the town swamp -- the one that strikes fear in all the residents of Sticks, Louisiana. Phin doesn't return. Instead, a girl named Lenora May climbs out, and now Sterling is the only person in Sticks who remembers her brother ever existed.
Sterling needs to figure out what the swamp's done with her beloved brother and how Lenora May is connected to his disappearance -- and loner boy Heath Durham might be the only one who can help her.
This debut novel is full of atmosphere, twists and turns, and a swoon-worthy romance.
Hardcover, 336 pages
Expected publication: October 21st 2014 by HarperTeen
This book was one of the most original reads so far in 2014. I was immediately sucked into Sterling's world.
The mystery and romance in the book were excellent. I loved Heath and his story. Sterling was a strong heroine that had a lot of love for her brother Phinneas. She wouldn't give up no matter how tough things got.
Then there was an epic love hate relationship between Sterling and Lenora Mae. Lenora was an intriguing character with many facets to her.
Overall, it was a great paranormal young adult book that most readers would enjoy. I highly recommend it and give this book five glittery stars for how awesome it was.