Sunday, February 25, 2018

Review: More than a Werewolf

More than a Werewolf More than a Werewolf by Sara Summers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm full of mixed emotions about how to write this review. It had good and bad things I felt. So I will start with the good.
The author did a great job writing the story. She clearly spent time on the plot and the book was well edited. Sara Summers certainly has skills as a writer.
The characters- Leah was so stubborn and prideful. She wanted to be independent and stand up for her beliefs. Ty was so determined to win her over.
I did enjoy the mystery that was woven into the plot. There were a few things I didn't see coming.
I love shifters and soul mate books. I find it romantic to have someone so special that they fill the other half of your soul. That's a rare thing in the real world so just the concept is romantic.
Okay, here's the big part of the book I didn't like. The book is very feminist. I'm all for girl power and being treated well by your man. That being said, this book hammered the concept into you and hard. I'm a bit of a feminist myself, but it's an agenda here.
This is fiction and it's what the author felt compelled to write. It's a great book. There just needs to be a warning label in the description that it is a book about feminism. It's not a topic that everyone wants to read about. That's my only gripe.
Overall, I liked the characters and the story was solid. I'm giving it four glittery stars and look forward to reading the next book in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment