About the Author:
to NJ on weekend are , a a , music to to . to Ryan.
- Anne Watson comes home from work to find her boyfriend cheating.
- While taking a shower, he explains why he's so unhappy in their relationship, i.e. his excuse for cheating.
- Determined to fix her relationship, she speaks to her four closest friends, all male, for their advice.
- She decides to start running with her best friend, Brian, every morning.
- to , Ryan.
- They show her proof of how much of a dog he really is. It is the breaking straw for her.
- Now determined for revenge, she continues everything that she was doing before, only now it's to mess with her ex's head, not to have him back.
- story, love , love for .
- As they try to move from friends to lovers, she also learns that her other close friend, Ben, has been harboring feelings for her for years, but won't do anything out of loyalty to Brian.
- When Anne is finally ready to move on with her life and leave her apartment for good, Ryan cannot accept it and attempts to rape her.
- Ben saves her and the book ends with her ex in jail and Anne now living with Brian, her now boyfriend.
- Set up for love triangle between Ben and Brian.
After a horrible day at work, I came home to find my boyfriend...in a curious position. After determining why he was unhappy, I, Anne Watson, decided to try and fix our broken relationship. My four closest male friends, however, had another idea. Revenge.
**Content Warning: This book contains a sexual assault scene and mature material. **
Top Ten Book Boyfriends
- Travis Maddox
- Kellan Kyle
- Edward Cullen
- Gavin Blake
- Bennett Ryan
- Max Stella
- Gideon Cross
Top Ten Love Triangles
- Edward, Bella, Jacob
- Kellan, Kiera, and Denny
- Travis, Abby, and that other guy ;)
- Emily, Gavin, Dillon
- Emma, Cole, Evan
- Elizabeth , George Wickham, and Fitzwilliam Darcy
- Bridget Jones, Daniel Cleaver, and Mark Darcy
- Jay Gatsby, Daisy Buchanan, and Tom Buchanan
- Allie, Noah, and that other guy ;)
10.Harper, Brandon, Chase (Few pages into this series.)
Five Fun Facts:
- I am a chocoholic. I have reserve stashes strewn about my house.
- I grew up horse-back riding and competed seriously. Instead of turning pro, I went to college instead.
- My favorite color is purple.
- I have thirteen piercings on my body-9 in my ears, 1 in my nose, 1 in my labret, 2 in my belly button.
- Large crowds make me nervous.
Excerpt Ben and Annie in the park after a night of drinking:“Oh, look!” I shouted, pointing ahead. Ben looked ahead at the large park in front of us. “Do you have any idea where we are?” I whispered. He shook his head. I laughed so hard that I snorted. “Come on; let’s go see what trouble we can get into over there.”We walked through the park for a while before I complained about my feet hurting from my high heels. In front of me, I saw a fountain, so I let go of Ben’s arm, running towards the monument.I yanked off my heels, tossing them and my pocketbook onto the ground before climbing into the fountain.“What are you doing?” he shouted in exasperation.“Cooling off,” I explained as I began running around in a circle. When I made my way around to him, I splashed him with water. “Come on in.”He glanced down at his now wet clothes, then up at me.“That’s it. You’re going to get it now.” I shrieked as I began running in a circle, wading through the water, making sure that I didn’t slip on the coins littering the bottom of the fountain. I heard splashing behind me, so I knew he was gaining on me. I turned around, kicking water, spraying him from head to toe. He wiped the water off his face, before splashing me with water, his strong arms being able to spray me with more water that I could ever hit him with in one try.My hair and polka-dotted dress were soaked, and I wrung my hair out before shrieking and running away from him.“Watch out! I’m !” he shouted as we ran around the fountain. On one trip around, I was looking behind me and smashed right into his chest. When I looked up, I realized he had figured out to run in the opposite direction. He flashed me a cocky grin as his hands grabbed my arms to keep me from falling over as I laughed loudly. I placed my hands on his chest to steady myself more as the world began to spin, feeling the wet cotton beneath my fingertips, his chest heaving. I glanced up into his whiskey-colored eyes, who were staring down at me with an emotion I couldn’t place. They slowly made their way down my face, stopping on my lips before his brows pulled together. He took a step backwards, and then hopped out of the fountain.The world was still spinning, though, so I stumbled backwards and held on to the statue in the middle of the fountain, throwing my arms around the marble. I wrapped my right leg around the base, while my head rested against cool tile as the water sprayed down onto my body. I licked a drop of water hanging from my upper lip and when I opened my eyes I found Ben looking at me with that same expression I had never seen on his face before.“Why did you get out?” I asked.“Someone needs to watch out for the cops while you frolic around like a faerie.”With my head still against the cool stone, I said, “What can I say? Every once in a while, a girl needs to frolic.”I could feel rather than see his smile. “In that case, keep on frolicking, Princess, just be ready to run when I tell you to.”I yawned while enjoying the feeling of the water pouring down on my overheated, alcohol flushed face. “God broke the mold when he made you, Ben.” I rolled my stiff neck to listen to it crack. “He really outdid himself that day.”Chuckling, he pulled his cigarettes out of his back pocket. He opened them, and groaned in annoyance before sliding them back into his jeans.“Too wet to smoke? What a shame.” Part of me thought that I was being a brat for mocking him.He threw me a half-dirty glare, though he smirked. “Just get your dancing out now. I still need to get some food in you.”“Yes, food does sound good,” I admitted.“Let me guess. You skipped dinner.” I heard the tone of disapproval in his voice.“Maybe.”He made a noise, and I didn’t bother to defend myself. He was right; I had been stupid.“Come on. Let’s get you some food.” I released the marble statue, walking towards him. I stumbled to get out of the fountain, and he caught me before I fell. He shook his head. “You’re such a mess.”I glanced down at my shoes and grimaced. My feet were still killing me.“Do I have to wear them?”He rolled his eyes. “You can hop on my back while I hail a cab.”