Sunday, February 15, 2015

Review of Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern





The basis for the forthcoming motion picture starring Lily Collins and Sam Claflin!

What happens when two people who are meant to be together can't seem to get it right?

Rosie and Alex are destined for each other, and everyone seems to know it but them. Best friends since childhood, they are separated as teenagers when Alex and his family relocate from Dublin to Boston.

Like two ships always passing in the night, Rosie and Alex stay friends, and though years pass, the two remain firmly attached via emails and letters. Heartbroken, they learn to live without each other. But destiny is a funny thing, and in this novel o f several missed opportunities, Rosie and Alex learn that fate isn't quite done with them yet.



Review:

This book was very unique. I have read other books by this author and enjoyed them. P.S. I Love You is one of my all time favorite movies. Imagine my disappointment when I found out as I continued reading the story, that it was completely written via a collection of letters, emails and instant messages.

I was really hoping for more story, more interaction between the characters. The letters/emails did a good job portraying everything these families went through as they grew up. I liked that the second generation continued on with the writing as well, adding another aspect to the book.

Overall, this was a charming book. It may not have been written in a style I was comfortable with, but was cute non-the-less. If you enjoy Cecelia Ahern, this might be your next read. There is also a movie based on this novel, but I have yet to see it. The book was good enough that I plan to watch this one on the big screen! This book gets four glittery stars!






No comments:

Post a Comment