A Shadow Falls Novel
By C.C. Hunter
Over one million readers have already fallen in love with CC Hunter’s Camp Shadow Falls between the Shadow Falls series and the After Dark series. Now comes the conclusion of Hunter’s massive saga MIDNIGHT HOUR (St. Martin’s Griffin; October 25, 2016), a thrilling finale involving a missing sister, a heart in quandary, and a growing tattoo no one understands. Whether you are discovering Shadow Falls for the first time or have been following the series all along, this young adult novel will draw you into its otherworldly plot.
Miranda awakens in the hospital with a mysterious tattoo that no one can explain. As she struggles to make sense of it – and questions her feelings for a certain irresistible shape-shifter and a hot new guy – the strange markings begin to spread all over her body, leaving her desperate to find answers. But before she can solve that problem, a new one arises: her sister is missing. Has her sister been kidnapped? Miranda will risk her life to find out. Will she live to share the day she’s worked so hard for with her friends? When the clock strikes midnight, will Miranda make it to her graduation at Shadow Falls?
MIDNIGHT HOUR can be read as a standalone novel or as the satisfying ending to a fan favorite series. A coming of age and sister story, Hunter’s conclusion will captivate the young adult audience.
A Shadow Falls Novel
By C.C. HunterPublished by St. Martin’s Griffin**On Sale October 25, 2016**
Trade Paperback | $10.99
ISBN: 9781250035882| Ebook ISBN: 9781250035875
For more information or to set up an interview with the author, contact: Brittani Hilles at firstname.lastname@example.org or 646-307-5558
***Wipes tears with tissues***
Ugh! The series is over! I have been addicted to this series ever since I picked up the very first book: Born at Midnight. Once I started it, I binged on the whole series! To see the characters leave any future pages that could have come breaks my heart. Okay, so on to the review.
First, this book is Miranda's story. She's a dyslexic witch with issues. Her family is a hot mess. She has a choice to make between two very different guys. Magic has gone awry and she is the focus of it. Her friends are happy with their own boyfriends. She's experiencing new, very scary abilities.
1. Her mom is crazy jealous and angry with her dad. Even though she was the other woman, she hates the original wife. In her mom's eyes, Miranda is the real daughter and Tabitha is just the daughter that's in the way. Lots of screaming and family drama ensues.
2. I loved the relationship between Miranda and Tabitha. They are newly discovered sisters and are really bonding. Being sisters naturally comes with unconditional love, which these two are experiencing. Even though they are very different, it doesn't matter.
3. The magic. One wrong decision leads to a magical mishap of epic proportions. There are some unbelievable things that others have trouble believing. Nevertheless, the situation brings them into terrible danger as well as some magical problems that can't be explained. The gang tirelessly researches to find a solution.
4. As angry as Miranda is at her shape-shifting ex, Perry, she still can't shake her bond with him. He finally opens up to her about his feelings, hangups, and what he's really up to. Now she has to choose between him and her warlock boyfriend Shawn, who are compete opposites.
5. Perry's situation and Miranda's situation somehow become one in the same and all of Shadow Falls must work together to save them.
6. All of Perry's newly discovered famiial ties just complicate things more. Talk about one crazy twist after another! I would definitely have issues after dealing with his revelations.
7. I love that all Miranda's friends are there for her through the whole crazy book. The round table coke drinking didn't stop and Kylie, Della, Holliday, Burnett, Perry, Shawn, and even Tabitha were always there for her.
8. I was so sad when the story ended, but came away satisfied. The plot resolved itself in a way only C.C. Hunter could do.
This book gets ten glittery stars because it was a great end to a wonderful series.
Praise for the Shadow Falls Series:
“Ms. Hunter handles this series with such deftness, crafting a wonderful tale. I highly recommend this series filled with darkness and light, hope and danger, friendship and romance.”
—Night Owl Reviews (Top Pick) on the Shadow Falls series
“Jam-packed with action and romance . . . Hunter’s lifelike characters and paranormal creatures populate a plot that will keep you guessing till the very end. A perfect mesh of mystery, thriller, and romance. Vampires, weres and fae, oh my!” —Romantic Times on the Shadow Falls series
“The newest in the super-popular teen paranormal genre, this book is one of the best. This one is going on the keeper shelf!”
—Fresh Fiction on the Shadow Falls series
Catch up on the world of Shadow Falls:
THE SHADOW FALLS NOVELS
To the outside world Shadow Falls is just an ordinary camp for troubled teens nestled deep in the woods. But the kids at Shadow Falls are far from ordinary. They’re supernatural. And from the moment high school student Kylie Galen enters this world of fairies, vampires, werewolves, and shapeshifters, she’s had one burning question: What am I? With her new powers, new friends, and two sexy paranormal boys vying for her attention, Kylie’s whole world is about to change. From New York Times bestselling author C. C. Hunter, the Shadow Falls series follows Kylie as she learns to control her powers, confront her heritage, and face her destiny.
THE SHADOW FALLS: AFTER DARK NOVELS
Della Tsang had the perfect life—a family, a boyfriend, and a bright future—until she was turned into a vampire and abandoned by everyone she loves. She takes refuge at Shadow Falls, a camp for teens with paranormal powers, where Della makes friends and finds herself torn between a shapeshifter and a vampire both vying for her heart...
The Shadow Falls Novellas:
Don't forget to read these novellas for sneak peeks into the lives of the characters!
Giveaway Link: Open until November 4th