Sunday, March 17, 2013

Indie-Licious Blog Hop #5


We here at Indie-Licious love blog hops. We love them so much that we host one once a week on Sundays.

Sign ups are from 6:00 pm Tuesdays through 11:59 pm Saturday, EST. Just enter your info into the Linky List.

We only ask that you post teasers no longer than a paragraph. Anything longer than this will make it difficult for everyone to read and comment on your entry.

Have fun!

Okay, so here is a teaser from my upcoming novella, Dancing with Deception.  It will be out May 15th!  This is unedited, so keep that in mind :)




“Death is coming, and he’s coming for you, Wendy.”
I wanted to ask more, but her head fell forward and she went still once more.  My shoulders slumped and tears threatened to spill.  Why was this happening to me?  I didn’t deserve this.  I must have been awful in a past life.  My karma just sucked.
There was no way I could be here when the cops found her.  I practically ran  back to where I left the safety of my car.  I would go to the dance and meet everyone there.  I needed an alibi just in case.  It was important to cover all my bases.
I was just getting into my car when I noticed blood soaked into the hem of my dress.  Damn, now I wasn’t sure what to do.  There was no way to make an appearance at the dance with blood on my dress.  That would just draw more attention to me and someone could connect me with the murder later.
No, I had to go home and change.  Then I would burn this dress.  It was a shame for such a gorgeous dress to go to waste, but the blood had tainted its glory.  After quietly shutting the door, I started the car and drove like hell home.

 



11 comments:

  1. Who's Wendy? Poor, girl. Great teaser! Need to know what happened, and is she speaking literally or figuratively about death?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy is my MC, she's speaking literally about death :)

      Delete
    2. Ooh, like a real person? I like that idea :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh, a great teaser, Andrea! I really want to read more to know what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did she kill her or just find her that way?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser, Andrea. Love how you led up to the suspenseful part and then cut us off!

    Elle C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy wow! What a great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa!! Can't wait to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I want to know what happened! Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete