Thursday, December 6, 2012

Review of Stolen Nights by Rebecca Maizel

Description:

Lenah Beaudonte should be dead. But having sacrificed herself to save another, she finds herself awakening with strange powers that are neither vampire nor human—and a new enemy on her trail. In her vampire life, Lenah had thought that being human was all she ever wanted; but the human heart suffers pain, heartbreak and loss.

With her new powers growing and the dark force of the Nex after her soul, Lenah faces a choice: between the mortal love of gorgeous Justin, whose passion fed her human soul, and taking a different path to become the mistress of her own destiny, wherever that may lead...









Review:

I really enjoyed book one in this series.  The only thing I didn't like so much about it was all the flashbacks to her past.  This book managed to keep the story strong while only a minimum numbers of the flashbacks.
The story sucked me in right away and I was enveloped in a great story.

Lenah shows great strength as she struggles with her new humanity and her inability to save the ones she loves.  Her love life is tragic, yet she goes on with an attempt to make things right.

The villain in this book was a force to be reckoned with.  She plagued Lenah with the sins of her past.  Luckily Lenah has a few good friends to lean on.  There were many twists in this story that I didn't see coming.  I was a little dissapointed with the ending of the book, but I knew it had to end that way.

This was a great YA/paranormal romance.  If you liked Infinite Days, you'll love Stolen Nights.  This book deserves five glittery stars for it's awesome storyline.





Expected publication date is January 29th, 2013.




Book one description:

 Description:


“Throughout all my histories, I found no one I loved more than you... no one.”

Those were some of Rhode’s last words to me. The last time he would pronounce his love. The last time I would see his face.

It was the first time in 592 years I could take a breath. Lay in the sun. Taste.

Rhode sacrificed himself so I, Lenah Beaudonte, could be human again. So I could stop the blood lust.

I never expected to fall in love with someone else that wasn’t Rhode.

But Justin was... daring. Exciting. More beautiful than I could dream.

I never expected to be sixteen again... then again, I never expected my past to come back and haunt me...



No comments:

Post a Comment