Sunday, October 18, 2015

Sunday Swoon #18 - Sweet Evil



Today, I get to share a few snippets from a book I love! no spoilers!


I had been meaning to read this series, but never had time. I'm so glad I finally did! I'm on the third book now, and LOVE them all! There is so much sexiness, good vs. evil, love, and friendship. It was a wonderfully woven story!



Blurb

Embrace the Forbidden

What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?

This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.
Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She's aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but it isn't until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He's the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?



Teasers

“I wish I could have talked with him longer. I wondered how I could get hold of him.
I supposed I could attach my phone number to a pair of my undies and throw them onstage at his next show. The thought actually made me laugh out loud. He'd probably take one look at the white cotton panties and chuck them in the trash.” 
― Wendy HigginsSweet Evil


“I jumped and let out an embarrassing squeak when two hands came around my waist.
"Just me, luv," he said, close to my ear. "Aren't you the picture of domestication? Do you cook as well?” 
― Wendy HigginsSweet Evil


“Besides, unrequited love is one of those things that all teen-agers have to go through, right?” 
― Wendy HigginsSweet Evil


“Because all I could think about was you, Anna, and how good you are, and what you'd think of me. You put thoughts into my head a Neph shouldn't have!” 
― Wendy HigginsSweet Evil


“...there is no way of truly knowing one’s heart until one is put to the test.” 
― Wendy HigginsSweet Evil


“I felt you come alive when we kissed, and I know you’re afraid of that. Afraid to 
unleash that other side of yourself. ” 
― Wendy HigginsSweet Evil


“Seriously," I whispered, unable to look away. "You're doing the bedroom-eyes thing again.” 
― Wendy HigginsSweet Evil


“Dear God!
I screamed and buried my face in my pillow.
"What?!" I heard him ask. "Did you see a roach?"
"Why are you naked?!" I did not dare to lift my red face.
"Huh. Is that all?" he asked. "I always sleep in the buff. I don't know how you can stand all that clothing."
"Unbelievable." I said, and without looking at him I pulled myself up and stomped to the bathroom.” 
― Wendy HigginsSweet Evil


“Good gracious, he was sexy—a word that had not existed in my personal vocabulary until that moment. This guy was sexy like it was his job or something.” 
― Wendy HigginsSweet Evil


“He was smoking hot. As in H-O-T-T, hott. I’d never understood until that moment why girls insisted on adding an extra t. This guy was extra-t-worthy.” 
― Wendy HigginsSweet Evil


“Wait,” Kaidan called from behind me. I squeezed my eyes shut for a second, but kept walking. Then I felt his hand around my 
wrist, spinning me in a half circle and pulling me to his chest. His face was so close. He reached down and cupped my face with one
woolly hand, and wiped the top corner of my lip hard with his thumb. I flinched back. 
“What are you doing?” 
“I...” He appeared to have no idea himself. “I wanted to see your freckle.” 
A vulnerable tenderness flashed across his face, more painful to see than the coldness. It took every ounce of strength I had not to 
beg for one last kiss. As fast as his expression had softened, it was back to stone again. 
“What do you want from me, Kai?” 
“For starters?” His voice lowered to sexy, dangerous depths. “I want to introduce myself to every freckle on your body.” 
A powerful shiver ripped through me.” 
― Wendy HigginsSweet Evil


What are you reading?

What book do you love?


No comments:

Post a Comment