Friday, May 18, 2012

Review of Any Love but Mine by Debbie Davies



Description:

The gods forbade her to love, but love is a powerful force ....

Acacia has been created purely for Eros' pleasure but discovers within moments of being summoned into his presence that he has no interest in her whatsoever.

Rejected, she is banished to Earth to serve as Eros' minion with the task of promoting the blissful state of love among all those around her, a state she must never indulge in with a human being herself on pain of immediate destruction.

And then comes Josh, someone whose power of attraction over Acacia is so intense she will find it utterly impossible to resist him.

But is he human? Is he a god? Or is he a trick of the gods?

And what would happen should they kiss?

 Review:

This book was surprising.  It started off a little slow and I had trouble finding a groove.  Once I did, the story picked up speed.

The author did a good job setting up the relationship between Acacia and Josh.   There were several hints throughout the story that gave away the plot twists, but they were down played.

I felt as if this poor love was doomed from the beginning and it became heart wrenching as the story progressed.  I found myself rooting for the couple and hoping there was a loophole somewhere in the story.

The plot was well constructed and the story was weaved nicely.  Debbie Davies has a true skill in writing a masterpiece.  I became engrossed once the story got rolling and couldn't wait to learn the fate of the seemingly doomed couple.

If you are a fan of Greek mythology, then check out Any Love but Mine by Debbie Davies.  I know that I can't wait to get my hands on book 2!!!


get it here at Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment