Sunday, May 27, 2012

Review of The Mystic Wolves by Belinda Boring





 Description:

What would you do if a simple errand takes a deadly twist, turning you from cautious prey to dangerous predator?

Someone is trying to send a deadly message to Mason, arranging the deaths of those he loves and it puts the entire pack and Alpha on high alert. Darcy understands the primal instincts driving her beloved Mason's commands. With the help of those he sets as protectors, she learns about herself and the things she'll need to help support her Alpha and pack. When events turn dire however, one truth offers her strength - once given, oaths are unbreakable ... even if it means risking it all.

 
 Review:

This was a solid story, just lacking a bit somewhere.  The story progressed at a strange pace and I found it dragging in places.  That being said, I love, love, love wolf stories.  I am fascinated by all things shifter.  The idea of a mate for life has a romantic ring to it.  I was growing happier with the story until the last paragraph.  It made me NOT want to read the sequel.  I was too angry.  I was also a little confused that this novel was the culmination of three novellas.

In short, here are my feelings:
romantic story
wolfy premise
paranormal characters
danger and deception
slower storyline

Overall, I give this book a solid three stars.  It was a good book, just not stellar.

No comments:

Post a Comment