Sunday, September 29, 2013

Teaser Sunday #2


Welcome to teaser Sunday!!! Each week, I will post a teaser from one of my current releases or a work in progress. Stay tuned and enjoy!


Have fun!


This current teaser is from my latest YA Contemporary Romance co-written with Dawn Pendleton, The Switch!










“Go, wildcats, get the goal! Go, wildcats, go!!”
Our team finished the cheer and everyone went into toe touches and general pepping to the crowd. It was the first game of the season and I was thrilled to be on the sidelines again.
My twin sister, Honor, sat in the stands wearing her usual color: black. I waved at her and she smiled back. Then I turned back around to catch a bit of the game, including a great performance by the star quarterback.
Cameron was our quarterback and also Honor’s boyfriend. They will have been together for a year tomorrow. Even though they fought all the time, I liked Cameron. He was a good guy. I’m not sure my sister’s moody attitude deserved him sometimes, but I loved her.
Katie scooted over and bumped hips with me. I looked over and grinned at my best friend.
“What are you thinking about, Faith?”
“Nothing important,” I lied.
I was a terrible liar, but if I resisted eye contact, sometimes it worked. In truth, I thought Cam was cute. He was on my never-to-date list though. Honor dating him sealed that fate. He liked my sister and not me anyways. It was just a pipe dream.
“I see that look on your face. Who’s the guy?”
I couldn’t tell her who I was really thinking about, so I settled for another white lie. My nose was going to grow a foot long at this rate. Lying was something my twin sister, Honor, was much better at.
“There are just some hotties on the other team this season. I was admiring the view.”
“You are AWESOME! That’s why you’re my best friend. Okay, so point out the ones that are worth keeping an eye on.”
I raked my blue eyes over the opposing team and picked out a few decent-looking guys on the bench.


No comments:

Post a Comment