Saturday, June 6, 2015

Book Quotes #8



1. “It's my job as best friend to make sure he's not a serial killer. Or an English major, not sure which one's worse.”
Shelly Crane, Significance 









2.  “I can't figure out what's wrong with her feet! -Nothing's wrong with my feet! -They are an alluring shade of pink. -Jax, that's nail polish!”
Amy A. Bartol, Under Different Stars









3. “."Please tell me you didn't take a picture."
"I didn't take a picture," he confirmed.
I exhaled.
"I recorded it and just uploaded to Youtube.".”
Rachel Van Dyken, Tear 








4.  “It wouldn't have mattered if they were scratches or not," he says, his voice like liquid. "I was bitten during the escape from the house."
My limbs go weak, everything inside me folding in collapsing on itself.
"I was already dead," he says, opening his eyes.”
Carrie Ryan, The Forest of Hands and Teeth








5. “Finn: I look at you because I can't look away Wendy.
Wendy: That's kinda creepy.
Finn: I will work on being less creepy then.”
Amanda Hocking, Switched 









6. “- Just that. Your family must be very different from mine.
- I’d say so. - I laughed. - For one, no one wears their tiaras to breakfast.
- Maxon smiled. - More of a dinner thing at the Singer house?”
- “Of course.”
Kiera Cass, The Selection 








7. “Jeez, Riley Bear are you trying to kill me?

Yep,then I get everything. Death by sex, I'm being kind though, it's a pretty good way to go.”
Kirsty Moseley, Always You 








8.  “Benson just stares at me. “Could you do anything … I don’t know, supernatural when you were little?”
“Yeah, I made the glass on a snake’s cage disappear right before my acceptance letter from Hogwarts arrived.”
Benson just raises an eyebrow at me.”
Aprilynne Pike, Earthbound 







9. “I ordered my favorite drink; vanilla iced blended coffee with whipped cream and caramel sauce on top. The whipped cream and caramel sauce were the best. Usually when no one was watching, I would lick the inside of the lid to get every last drop of the addictive syrup. Once, my dad caught me doing this and started laughing. I'd gotten caramel plastered over my nose. If Colt had ever seen me do this, I would never live it down. Glancing around, I indulged shamelessly and grinned." -Cheyenne”
Lisa L. Wiedmeier, Cheyenne 





10.  “The problem, of course, was that turning into a monster was the brighter of my two choices. Choice Number 1: I turn into a vampyre, which equals a monster in just about any human’s mind. Choice Number 2: My body rejects the Change and I die. Forever.

So the good news is that I wouldn’t have to take the geometry test tomorrow.”
Kristin Cast, Marked
 









No comments:

Post a Comment