Wednesday, November 11, 2015
Top Ten Thursdays #15 - YA Contemporary Suspense Part 2
Part 2 of YA Contemporary Suspense!
Here are some of the books I've read in this genre this year that I really felt were duds.
1. Panic by Lauren Oliver - I found the wrap up of this book to be unsatisfying. It didn't give me a great explanation to all the suspense.
2. The Unquiet Past by Kelley Armstrong - I adore this author, but this book was not her best work. She tried to hard to write a creepy suspense, but it fell short.
3. Need by Joelle Charbonneau - I just couldn't get into all the point of views this book used.
4. Dead Ringer by Jessie Rosen - This book was okay, but I was disappointed with the ending and it set itself up for a sequel.
5. Nocte by Courtney Cole - This was a total mind *&@#. But it still left me with a huge cliffhanger. I wanted it to be resolved all in one book I guess.
6. The Devil You Know by Trish Doller - I really had high hopes for this one. It just let me down and was a little predictable.
7. Awake by Natasha Preston - Cults? Yes Please! No, it was a big let down.
8. Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan - I was stoked about this one. Murder and Political Intrigue on a boat in the ocean? It bored me to tears.
9. They All Fall Down by Roxanne St. Claire - I was looking forward to reading this one too. It was maybe an okay book, but not a great one.
10. All Fall Down by Ally Carter - This is the first book I've ever read by this author, but it was more teenage adventure. I didn't care for it.