Thursday, September 27, 2012

Review of The Dirty Blood Series by Heather Hildenbrand

I loved all three novels in this series so I thought I would do a combined review!  Enjoy:)

Description:
I killed a girl last night. I did it with my bare hands and an old piece of pipe I found lying next to the dumpster. But that’s not the part that got me. The part that scared me, the part I can’t seem to wrap my head around and still has me reeling, was that when she charged me, her body shifted – and then she was a wolf. All snapping teeth and extended claws. But by the time I stood over her lifeless body, she was a girl again. That’s about the time I went into shock… And that was the moment he showed up.

Now, all I can do is accept the truths that are staring me in the face. One, Werewolves do exist. And Two, I was born to kill them.







Review:
I wasn't so sure about this novel.  I love werewolves and the idea of killing them didn't appeal to me.  Against my better judgement and good reviews, I got it.  I am so glad that I did.

I loved Tara as a character.  She is thrown into a life she didn't know of, let alone want.  I admired her ability to persevere and not back down or walk away.  She scores cool points for that.

Wes....oh how sexy you are.  Yummy.  He is way too overprotective and moody with Tara.  While that may be, he has his moments and when he does...did I mention he is a werewolf?  Double yum.

The storyline was interesting and well structured.  I was glued to the pages, hoping and cheering them on.  I give this awesome werewolf read four stars for a great start to this series! 


Buy it here on Amazon

Buy it here on Barnes and Noble











 Description:

Wood Point Academy is not at all what I expected. For one thing, it looks like a cross between military school and Buckingham Palace. Everyone stares, the floors shine so bright you can see your reflection in them from a mile away, and no one smiles. Unless they're kicking your butt in the process.

At least I've got plenty to take my mind off the fact that my psycho cousin, Miles De'Luca, keeps calling and declaring his love and promising to come for me just as soon as he's destroyed anyone standing in our way. Wes isn't going to like that idea. So between Miles, Wood Point's evil welcoming committee, and the drill sergeant hottie trainer from hell, I just keep asking myself, how did I end up here?

Cold Blood is Book 2 in the Dirty Blood series.



Review: 
I was disappointed when Tara leaves Wes and they decide they can't see each other for a semester.  Bummer and no fair.  I needed my Tara and Wes fix.
Then Tara arrives at a school for hunters and we are thrust into a whole other life for Tara.  She enters here on a journey of self discovery and learns she is the one unlikable person in school just because she's a dirty blood.
Not only do we have some Wes in our story, *sigh* but then we also have Alex competing for her attention.  Did I mention that I am fascinated with love triangles?  Oh it's good.
The plot to this one was just as good as the first.  I really felt and understood Tara in this book.  She was coming into her own and discovering a lot about herself.
I am thrilled that this book was even better than the first one.  I give this addition to the series five glittery stars for being awesome sauce!

Buy it here on Amazon 

Buy it here on Barnes and Noble 








Description:              Hybrids.
If I had to choose one word to sum up all of my problems, this would be it.
Without hybrids, I wouldn’t have to watch my best friend slowly becoming a monster. Without hybrids, I could let go of the mentality “hunt or be hunted.” CHAS wouldn’t be scouring the Earth, intent on slaughtering and using Alex to do it. Without hybrids, I wouldn’t have to be on guard that losing my temper meant losing my shape. There would be no monster inside me, struggling to get out.

Then again, without hybrids, I wouldn’t have Wesley St. John.


Review:
I am speechless.  I have just finished this book and it was the ultimate cliffhanger!  How could you do that to me Heather?  LOL, but no joke this book was fascinating.

I love the fact that Wes is back in the picture as he is my favorite sexy werewolf.  He and Tara seem stronger and happier than before which I am really happy about.

Then there's George, oh and Alex.  It is no longer a triangle.  Why does Tara get all the guys?  Because she is awesome that's why.  Who wouldn't want a kick ass half were in their corner?

The plot to this book was great.  It was a gripping read all the way down to that very last page.  I loved how all the characters finally mesh together in this book.  The hybrid idea was a great plot based on what the original story started off about.  

At last, I am already ready for book four.  Heather, hurry up and write an amazing follow up!  I will be counting the days to find out what happened.  I give this creative book five glittery stars!  If you haven't yet, check out this series, it rocks:)

Buy it here on Amazon

Buy it here on Barnes and Noble




No comments:

Post a Comment