Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Review of Feathermore by Lucy Swing





















Description:

When the one thing you live for is taken from you, do you let it go or do you fall?
Jade, like any other student at Brushwood High, awaits the start of the school year with a certain measure of dread. Worse, she is being threatened by a voice that only she can hear—a voice that lurks at the edges of her awareness, haunting her and warning her of something unknown. She has always been able to count on her two best friends, Claire and Nate, but can she confide in them now? About this? Would they even believe her?
Life takes a turn for the better when she meets Avan, a darkly handsome new student who, somehow, seems to drown out the voice and make her feel at ease.
But Jade soon comes to realize that good things don’t last forever. When everything spirals out of control, she is shattered by something she never saw coming. Dazed and despairing, she must now overcome tragedy and embrace her true existence and a new but dangerous love. Will she be able to save herself and those she loves, before it’s too late? Or will she let the surrounding darkness consume her?

 
Review:

Holy hot sauce, this was a great book!  I read it from start to finish in one evening.  I couldn't put it down:)  The story was original and intriguing.
I really enjoyed the characters, Jade, Claire, Nate, Avan, even the mysterious Blake.  Lilith made a great antagonist in this story.  I wish I got to know more about Blake!  I am so curious!!!
The book unfolded as the story progressed and it felt like a natural transition.  Lucy Swing has a knack for weaving a great storyline.
The only thing I disliked in this book was all the angel talk at the end.  I got a little lost, but otherwise it was a great book.  I highly recommend this book to the YA/paranormal romance audience!  I give it five glittery stars. *yeah*



No comments:

Post a Comment