Sunday, September 9, 2012

Review of Released by Megan Duncan
























Description:

After a demon apocalypse kills their parents and everyone they know, 17-year old Abby Phillips, her brother, Carter, and friend, Max flee their home to travel through what has become the wastelands of America. When radio transmissions of a resistance offering shelter and safety cease, Abby is tempted to give up. Struggling to overcome life-threatening obstacles in their dangerous journey, Abby and her companions quickly discover there are much worse things lurking in the dark than they could have ever imagined.

Review:

 Megan Duncan is a great writer and her Agents of Evil series is no exception.  I wasn't sure if I would like it, as I am not usually a fan of post apocalyptic books.  I loved Megan's other series so I gave it a try.

I loved the characters in this book.  Max is the sexy boy next store and best friend of Carter.  Carter is Abby's older brother.  Along the way they meet Taya, a strong teenager who suffered the death of her mother.

With demons after them at every turn, this book is full of action.  Although a little predictable, the action made up for it:)  I enjoyed the different types of demons and how Carter compulsively cataloged them.

The romance between Max and Abby was sweet and a little sexy.  I was rooting for them throughout the whole book.  Carter was less than pleased, but didn't throw a big fit.

Overall, this is a great post apocalyptic book and I would recommend it for anyone who is a fan of this genre.  This book is suitable for young adults and adults alike.  I give this read four glittery stars:)

Buy it here on Amazon

Buy it here on Barnes and Noble




1 comment:

  1. Hi Andrea,
    Great review. I'd like to nominate you for the One Lovely Blog Award. Is that ok? If so, please go to:
    http://lowfellwritersplace.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/my-very-own-blog-award.html

    Best wishes
    Suzy Henderson

    ReplyDelete