Sunday, September 16, 2012

Review of Midnight Blood by Nicole Yanski




















Description:

Twins don't always share the same blood.

Growing up in Northern Michigan, everyone always knew that seventeen year old, unidentical, twin sisters Shayna and Melina Verona, were different, but not even Melina knew how truly different they were.
Shayna and Melina's father was a vampire, and Shayna was born a halfling, with very unique blood running through her veins. When Shayna turns eighteen, her body will stop aging, and she will become, fully immortal.
When Cain Luca moves to there small village of Interlochen, boy crazy Melina is instantly smitten, but Cain wants Shayna. He knows her secret, and he has a secrets of his own. Cain's secrets will either break Shayna's heart or kill her...or both.
Shayna was Born Immortal, and now the world that she knows is about to be turned upside down.


Review:

I got this book as part of the R2R program on Goodreads.  I didn't know what to expect.  The book sounded great so I decided to give it a go.

I really enjoyed the story.  It was pretty good.  I read the whole book in a day because I couldn't put it down.  I was so drawn into the storyline.  The author really has talent.

The plot was interesting and the characters were fleshed out pretty good.  It's obvious the author took her time getting this book properly prepared for publishing.

The only things I was disappointed with were only two.  The first was the constant changing of tenses throughout the story instead of sticking to the past or present.  The second was the change in point of view throughout most of the story.  The changes were hard to discern and confusing.  I had a hard time keeping track of who was who when they were talking or thinking.

That being said, I loved this awesome story.  The concept was original and the author's writing style was great.  I wasn't sure whether to root for Aiden or Cain throughout the whole story until the end.  I was very satisfied all the way through to the end.

I can't wait to get a hold of the sequel, which will be out winter 2012.  I have to know what happens in the next chapter of Shayna's life.  I have to downgrade my five star rating to a four star simply because of the minor problems with the story, but it was a solid four glittery stars.  I hope the author continues to hone her craft as she progresses.  I can't wait to see what's next.  The book rocked my socks off!

 Buy it here on Amazon

Buy it here on Barnes and Noble 






No comments:

Post a Comment