Monday, May 25, 2015

Review of Forgotten Promises by Talia Jager

“I did the spell to save your life, but I also did it to fulfill a promise I made to you,” Rylie said.
“What promise was that?” I asked.
“I promised you I’d find a way for you to be together—with Drake—with me."
“I don’t remember that promise,” I said sadly, really wishing I did.




Review:
I adore this series! There wasn't much of a description, so I wasn't sure what to expect. IT WAS AWESOME!

The first three books are from Rylie's point of view. This one was not, so I didn't know how I'd feel about it. This installment was told from Rylie's best friend, Sierra's point of view. It was also a love story with Drake. Swoon! I love Drake!

The one thing I really liked about this book, was how creative the author was. She was a little quick in some spots, but the concept of the plot was original. It was a richly imagined Fae world.

I actually enjoyed seeing things from Sierra's side. It showed a different facet of Rylie and Kallan. The majority of the story still revolved around them, just with Sierra's character being more fleshed out and relateable.

This is a fae series that I would highly recommend to readers of ya/na paranormal romance. I have to give this installment of the Promise series five glittery stars! I hope there is more to come!

Other books in the series:






Purchase these on Amazon

Purchase these on Barnes and Noble

Add to Goodreads




4 comments:

  1. I never read the first books but you make me want to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! Fairy wings on the cover!!!

    I'm a sucker for sparkly fairy wings. (What does that say about my maturity level??) Whatever. I don't even care. Sign me up for this one! Haha ( :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, I really have loved this series! It's so well written! The flow to the stories are smooth and not given in chunks or info dumps. Each book progresses a little bit more into the fairy world until you land there permanently. A must read series for upper ya, or just adults like me🌸🌸

      Delete
  3. Nice! Putting it on the "To Read" list... *sigh*... if only I could read all those books as fast as I find them ( :

    ReplyDelete