Saturday, May 23, 2015

Sunday Swoon #2



Today, I get to share a few snippets from a book I love! no spoilers!


Blurb

My name is Milo Caro and I have a confession to make.

I’ve been in love with Colton Mathews since I was five. He should have known that sharing a cookie with a sugar obsessed little monster would do the trick–it sealed his fate. So really, the fact that he’s sporting a black eye, a limp, almost got ran over by a car, and was nearly responsible for another person’s death? Right. HIs fault. Not mine.

I made a pact with myself–this weekend would be different. I’d come home for my brothers wedding, smile, and Colton would naturally melt into my arms, we’d get married have five kids, live in a house by the river, and get a dog named scratch (clearly I’ve thought this through).

What really happened? I punched my brother in the face, Colton kissed me and apologized, I lied about having a boyfriend, oh and everyone wants to meet the mystery man.

They say laughter always comes before insanity–ha, ha. All I wanted was my brother’s best friend…instead I’m sitting in prison.

Let this be a lesson to you all…life rarely happens the way you want it to.

Damn cookie.

 
Teasers

“Love is never a sure thing, man. You’re never going to be totally certain that the person you offer your heart to will accept it with open hands, but if you don’t take that risk you’ll never reap the benefits of what it has to offer.”

“Kissing you is terrifying, breathing your same air makes my knees weak, when I’m around you it’s a tie between wanting to chase you down – or just kiss you until you can’t breathe.”

“I am not your sexless friend. I’m not your damn brother. I’m not your gay friend. And I sure as hell not am not thinking about anything right now except that your hands feel really good against my skin. So I’m going to kiss you, and you’re going to respond like the idea of my mouth on yours doesn’t make you want to cry – and you’ll like it” 


 This book just came out in April and it was so good! I just got an ARC of the sequel and can't wait to read it! The Consequences of Revenge comes out June 9, 2015!



What are you reading?

What book do you love?






No comments:

Post a Comment