Monday, October 7, 2013

Reflect Me by K.B. Webb excerpts and playlist

Description:

If you're looking for a story about a sweet, innocent virgin who rides off into the sunset with a reformed bad boy, then you're looking in the wrong place.

Some people don’t get a happily ever after. Molly Scott is one of those people, and she knows it. With the kind of past that she has, and the secrets that she holds, she knows that even if she found Prince Charming, he wouldn’t want her. She refuses to dwell on her less than ideal situation though. This is her life, no point in complaining.

Logan Wade had his life planned out, until all his dreams came crashing down around him. Now, he’s come back to the town he swore he would never see again to start fresh. He has no plans to ever settle down again, that’s how he ended up back here in the first place.

When Molly and Logan meet, they are forced to rethink the lives they thought they knew and the futures they were so sure they wanted. Suddenly, Molly wonders if there is a better life outside of the hell she has built for herself, and Logan begins to rethink his resistance towards settling down again.

They say love conquers all, but Molly and Logan are about to find out that sometimes love just isn’t enough.






Excerpts:


“I wanted to be the guy to show her that. To show her all the things she obviously couldn’t see about herself. My mom used to always tell me that there was no better mirror than someone who truly loved you. I wanted to be Molly’s mirror. I wanted her to see herself the way I saw her. She deserved that. She deserved to be happy and treated like the angel that she was.” Logan Wade


“That’s what walls are for, Logan, to keep people out. Did you ever think that there’s a reason I have walls? That some pretty fucked up shit has happened in my life to make me this way.? Do you really want a friend like that?” I looked at him, daring him to say he really wanted this. That he could handle all the shit that came with being part of my life.
“Yeah, yeah I do, Molly. Believe it or not, I’m pretty fucked up myself. I mean, hell, my life sure as shit isn’t all rainbows and daisies and I know yours isn’t either. But if you let me be your friend, Molly, let me help you, maybe we can find out what the rainbows and daisies look like together.”

  
Molly had claimed me the night she met me. The night she looked into my eyes and I could read her broken soul like a book you read over and over even, even though you know the story by heart. She claimed me the first time I heard that amazing voice she had, singing songs that were meant for the sad and lonely. She claimed me the night she took a chance on a guy she barely knew and agreed to be my friend. Molly had claimed me with the first look, the first breath, the first word. She had set up camp in my head and my heart, and I had no plans of doing a damn thing about it. I would help Molly get over the mountain of issues she felt she had, because she was worth it; she would always be worth it. I didn’t know all about Molly’s past; there were holes in some of her stories, but I didn’t want Molly’s past; I wanted her future. And no matter how long it took, how hard I had to fight, Molly would eventually be mine. One day, I would be lucky enough to wake up next to this woman, who I was quickly realizing, I couldn’t live without. – Logan Wade


He continued kissing my mouth and down the side of my neck. “God, I want you, Molly. So damn bad. I’ve wanted you since the first night I met you.” The combination of his words and his actions caused me to let out an involuntary moan and tighten my legs around him while simultaneously pulling him closer to me.
I needed to relive relieve the ache that was building inside me, well, I needed Logan to relive relieve it. I placed my mouth on his earlobe and gave it a slight bite. “You have me.” – Molly Scott


Playlist:

Just A Matter Of Time – Randy Rogers Band
Better Man-Pearl Jam
Let Her Cry – Hottie and the Blowfish
Roll To Me – Del Amirti
Meet Virginia – Train
God Gave Me You – Blake Shelton
Wake Me Up – Ed Sheeran
Whenever We’re Alone – Brantley Gilbert
Stick Around-Reckless Kelly
All For You- Sister Hazel
Run Around – Blues Traveler
This Is How We Do It-Montell Jordan
Mess I Made – Parachute
When A Heart Breaks – Ben Rector
Alabama – Cross Canadian Ragweed
Mirrors – Justin Timberlake
 



Bio:

K.B. Webb is an up and coming author from a small town in Louisiana. She has a slight obsession with all forms of music from the 90's and anything labeled 'Texas Country.' She spends her days behind a desk as a legal biller, writing chapters in her head. Her nights are spent with her adorable two year old daughter, handsome, country boy fiancé, and crazy mutt puppy. Reflect Me is her first novel.


No comments:

Post a Comment