Sunday, October 27, 2013

Teaser Sunday #5


Welcome to teaser Sunday!!! Each week, I will post a teaser from one of my current releases or a work in progress. Stay tuned and enjoy!

Today I'm sharing a snippet from my upcoming February 2014 release, Dancing with Demons.

Have fun!

When I got to my locker, I unlocked it and sat my messenger bag down by my feet.  I took my coat off and shoved it in my locker as hastily as possible.
Lucky me, I pulled off my scarf with one swift motion and it caught on my necklace.  The force of my pull snapped the clasp of my necklace and the most important piece of jewelry I owned skittered across the tiled floor.
I gasped in surprise and then panicked.  Dropping the scarf, I reached for the heart pendant and scooped it off the floor.  I squeezed it in the palm of my hand, assuring myself that it was safe.
I slid the heart in the pocket of my jeans for now and picked up my scarf to assess the damage of the necklace itself.  Once I managed to get it apart, I tossed the scarf in my locker. 
The clasp was mangled and I frowned in disappointment.  What was I going to do?  I couldn’t wear it now.  I was so screwed.
I didn’t even hear Halle come up behind me and nearly jumped out of my skin at the sound of her voice.
“What’s going on?  Oh geez, I didn’t mean to scare you,” Halle said.
I turned to her with panic stricken eyes and she met my gaze.  Then she frowned.
“What happened in the two minutes I was gone?”
“Umm, my necklace caught on my scarf and the clasp on the chain is busted,” I replied.
“Oh no, no, that is so not good.  Where is the pendant?”
“The pendant is in my pocket.  I managed to grab it when it slid across the floor.  What am I going to do, Halle?”
“You’re going to go to class and keep your eyes to yourself.  Then you are going to avoid Matt like the plague.  We’ll go to the jeweler’s after school.”
I nodded in agreement and slid the chain in my pocket with the pendant.  I slammed my locker in frustration and stormed off to class, leaving Halle just standing there momentarily before chasing after me.  I was too angry to care.
That was when the cracks started.  They started out as lines spider webbing into a bigger picture.  My necklace breaking was just the first crack in my life, the start of it all.


Catch up on the series with the first two books in the series:

No comments:

Post a Comment