Thursday, May 2, 2013

Review of Catalyst by Jennifer Snyder


Description:

Sometimes who we really are lies buried just beneath the surface…

After learning she’s inherited a house in the beachside town of Soul Harbor, Georgia, Addison Harmon and her best friend decided to take a much needed vacation before the pressures of life after high school suffocate them too heavily.

But what Addison finds isn’t a chance to recoup from a bad break up and hang out with her best friend while she decides what she wants to do with her future. What she finds is Kace Sullivan—a sexy guy she can’t seem to get enough of—someone who with one touch reveals a seductive world full of magick and secrets Addison isn’t sure she’s ready to be a part of.

Review:
Jennifer Snyder once again produces an amazing beginning to a new series.  I love her writing as well as each of her awesome books.  Yeah, she's that good.  You NEED to check out this author.  She will rock your socks off.
Okay, on to Catalyst, the first book in the tethered series.  I glued my beady little eyes to the digital pages.  I read and read until there was nothing left to read.  It was that good.
I liked Addison as a main character.  She was a great example of NA, because she was going through those pivotal moments in her life.  She left home, away from her family and towards the unknown for the first time.  She encounters independence, drinking, sexy guys and responsibility.  
Then there was Vera.  She was a cute, quirky best friend.  She served her part in the book and bowed out when it was the right time.  I wish I had gotten to know some of the other characters better, but this was just the beginning of the series.  Kace, yummy.  That's all I have to say on that.
The only disappointment I had was that thee were too many loose ends at the finish of the book.  I was left with more questions than answers.  I wanted a little more closure.  It was one hell of a cliffhanger though.  
I'm already dying to get my hands on the second installment in this series.  This book gets five glittery stars for it's pure awesomeness!




1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a pretty awesome book and I've not read one from the author before. Awesome review Andrea :) Makes me want out it out and that awesome cover does too!

    Janina @ Synchonized Reading

    ReplyDelete